- Members of the public and/or District members wishing to address the District’s Board of Directors must fill out a Public Participation Form before the meeting at which the person wishes to speak is called to order.
- Those who have completed a Public Participation Form will be allowed five (5) minutes to speak at the beginning of the meeting, or ten (10) minutes if the person is a non-English speaker using a translator.
- If a speaker addresses the Board regarding an issue that is not on the agenda, the Texas Open Meetings Act does not allow the Board to discuss or deliberate the issue, except to determine whether to place an issue on a future meeting agenda. However, staff may offer a statement of facts or recitation of existing policy in response to a question or concern posed by a District member or member of the public regarding a matter that is not on the agenda.
- At the sole discretion of the President of the Board, speakers who wish to speak on an agenda item may be allowed to speak when that agenda item is called rather than at the beginning of the meeting. These speakers shall adhere to the time limits described in Section 2, above. The President’s decision may be based upon number of speakers, personal effect of the Board’s decision on those speakers, difficulty of the subject matter, or other relevant factor. Because the speaker will be addressing an issue which is on the agenda, the Board may discuss that issue with the speaker.
- Any further discussion on agenda items will be limited to the Board, District staff, guests invited to provide input on District issues, and others called upon by the President to speak.
- Members of the public and/or District members may be excluded from Board meetings if they violate this Policy, interrupt or otherwise impede meeting procedures, or act in any other disorderly manner.
Currently the Board of Directors is scheduled to meet on the following dates:
- March 10th, 2022 @1pm
- April 21st TBD
- May 13th, 2022 @1pm–Canvass Election Results and Swear in New Directors
- May 19th, 2022 @1pm
- July 21st, 2022 @11am–Abilene Country Club Board Room
- September 1st, 2022 @1pm
- November 17th, 2022 @ 1pm
The LLWCID Board Meetings are held in the conference room of the Enprotec Hibbs / Todd building located at 402 Cedar Street Abilene, TX 79601